Monday, December 21, 2009

A Riverscape from scratch

Here is my latest project, a riverscape in watercolor with several pictures from along the way:


 



I'm happier with the detail on this painting than I have been with any other so far.  The trees on the left, especially, I'm pleased with.  Some weak points are the log in the foreground, which looks a little deformed, and the greenery over the rocks on the left side, which seems like it's too normal of a line to my eye.  Another part I'm really happy with is the water, though, especially the reflections under the rocks on the left.  Better and better every time!

1 comment:

  1. do u still make software? i have an idea id like to share with u. as an artist i think youll be interested (hopefully.) u can reach me at elsolo00@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete